Postdoctoral research positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Hong-Yuan Chu, Van Andel Institute (VAI), Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA (https://chulab.vai.org). The laboratory is part of the Center for Neurodegenerative Science (https://vari.vai.org/neurodegenerative-science/) and studies the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of Parkinson’s disease at the molecular, cellular, and neural circuitry levels. The postdoctoral fellow will work in a highly interdisciplinary environment that allows close interaction with a growing Parkinson’s research community at VAI. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to be trained with both traditional and state-of-the-art technologies for neuroscience and neurodegeneration research. Excellent postdoctoral supports and career development workshops are available at laboratory and institutional levels (https://vari.vai.org/postdoctoral/).
· A Ph.D. or equivalent degree, in Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, or related field, is required.
· Demonstrated proficiency as evidenced by first-author publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals and is interested in acquiring new skills.
· Prior experience with electrophysiology and/or Ca2+ imaging techniques is preferred.
· Experience in at least one of the following skills would be favorable: rodent stereotaxic surgery, mouse behavioral analysis, computational skills, and RNAseq.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Cover letter describing your research interests, experience, and career goals.
· CV or NIH biosketch.
· Contact details for 2-3 references.
This position will be open until filled. To apply, please email Hong-Yuan Chu, Ph.D. at email@example.com.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Duhaime Lab (http://www-personal.umich.edu/~duhaimem/) at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor is seeking a postdoc excited to apply culturing,...Apply
We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join the Braga Lab in the Department of Neurology at the Northwestern University...Apply
The Department of Neuroscience, at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work...Apply
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new...Apply
About the Opportunity: The Sui-Seng Tee lab in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine at the University of...Apply
Postdoctoral opportunities in myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia: Position: The Ferrell Lab is seeking a highly skilled, motivated and energetic post-doctoral...Apply