A funded postdoctoral research position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Hong-Yuan Chu, Van Andel Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA (https://chulab.vai.org). The laboratory is part of the Department of Neurodegenerative Science (https://vari.vai.org/neurodegenerative-science/) and studies the pathophysiology of Parkinson’s disease at the molecular, cellular, and neural circuitry levels. The postdoctoral fellow will work in a highly interdisciplinary environment that allows close interaction with a growing Parkinson’s research community at VARI. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to be trained with both traditional and state-of-the-art technologies for neuroscience and neurodegeneration research. Excellent postdoctoral supports and career development workshops are available at laboratory and institutional levels (https://vari.vai.org/postdoctoral/).
· A Ph.D. or equivalent degree, in Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, or related field, is required.
· Demonstrated proficiency as evidenced by first-author publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals and is interested in acquiring new skills.
· Prior experience with ex vivo or in vivo electrophysiology, GCaMP imaging, or in vivo optogenetic circuits manipulation is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Cover letter describing your research interests, experience, and career goals.
· CV or NIH biosketch.
· Contact details for 2-3 references.
This position will be open until filled. To apply, please email Hong-Yuan Chu, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Michalis Agathocleous at Children’s Research Institute, UT Southwestern Medical Center. The...Apply
We currently have a Postdoctoral Fellow position available for a chimeric (wet/dry) scientist to specialize in cis-regualtory genomics and epigenomics....Apply
Scripps Research is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to support the Dr. Sanner Lab. We are part of the Center for...Apply
A postdoctoral position is available in Ralph Scully’s lab at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School...Apply
Seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to take a leadership role in one (or both) of two NIH-funded studies involving...Apply