A postdoc position is available for a highly motivated scholar to lead translational projects focusing on stem cell biology and drug discovery. The projects will involve utilizing patient induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived cells and mouse disease models to develop novel precision medicine approaches for patients with rare neurological disorders. Another potential avenue of research involves utilizing mouse models with transcriptomic and translatomic analysis to dissect gene regulatory mechanisms that control neural stem cell development in the mammalian brain. The work will be done in the Yang laboratory (yanglaboratory.ca) in the Departments of Medical Genetics and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at the University of Calgary, Canada
· Applicant must hold a PhD or an equivalent degree in neuroscience, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related discipline.
· Prior research experience in stem cell biology and iPSCs. Knowledge and experience in mammalian cell culture, mouse genetics, confocal microscopy, and drug development would be highly desirable.
· Must be self‐motivated, with a keen interest in working on multidisciplinary, translational projects.
· A strong research background with first author publications in related fields.
· Proficiency in English.
· Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills.
The position is available immediately, but the starting date is negotiable. Please send a single PDF file with the subject line Postdoctoral application – [Your name] to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must include:
· Cover Letter that explains how the applicant’s program of research and publication record is appropriate for the position
· current curriculum vitae (CV);
· official or unofficial copy of diploma(s) / university certificate(s); and
· contact information including email addresses for two (2) references to support the application.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The terms and conditions of employment are covered under the UCalgary and PDAC Collective Agreement. To find out more about postdoctoral scholar program at the University of Calgary visit our Postdocs website. Postdocs who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada are advised to visit Information for International Postdoctoral Scholars.
About Calgary, Alberta
Calgary is one of the world’s cleanest cities and has been named one of the world’s most livable cities for years. Calgary is a city of leaders – in business, community, philanthropy and volunteerism. Calgarians benefit from the strongest economy in the nation and enjoy more days of sunshine per year than any other major Canadian city. Calgary is less than an hour’s drive from the Rocky Mountains and boasts the most extensive urban pathway and bikeway network in North America.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Fellowship in Brain Medicine The Brain Medicine fellowship at the University of Toronto will be offered by the Temerty Faculty...Apply
The lab of Miguel Ramalho-Santos has postdoc positions open in Mammalian Developmental Epigenetics. We are exploring exciting new directions in...Apply
Location: Humber River Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Supervisor: Dr. Pete Wegier, Research Chair in Optimizing Care Through Technology Salary: $70,000 CAD/year...Apply
We have openings for PhD students and Postdocs with backgrounds in physics, engineering, chemistry, or quantitative biology who are interested...Apply
Description We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to work on a project at the interface of academia and industry...Apply
Job Description The lab of Prof. Isaac Li is seeking a highly motivated postdoc to work in experimental biophysics in...Apply