The Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt is one of the largest universities in Germany with about 48,000 students and around 5,000 employees. Founded in 1914 by Frankfurt citizens and since 2008 back in the legal form of a foundation, the Goethe University has a high degree of autonomy, modernity and professional diversity. As a full-service university, the Goethe University Frankfurt offers more than 100 study programs on five campuses in a total of 16 faculties and at the same time has outstanding research strength.
Applications are invited for one
PhD student (m/f/d)
(E13 TV-G-U, 65%)
Post-doctoral fellow (m/f/d)
available at the Institute of Cardiovascular Regeneration at the Goethe-University of Frankfurt (Germany).
The Spatial Transcriptome Regulation and LncRNA Function lab is seeking highly motivated, innovative and team-oriented researchers in computational RNA biology. We use molecular, biochemical and computational approaches to study the biological functions and molecular mechanisms of spatio-temporal transcriptome regulations in health and disease. This includes CRISPR-based genome editing techniques, single-molecule RNA imaging, RNA-protein interaction analyses and high-throughput approaches. For more information, please visit our lab website gdumboviclab.org.
We provide a highly stimulating, collaborative and international working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. Our team is looking for applicants with experience in computational biology. The University advocates equal rights for women and men and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. People with disabilities are given priority if they have the same qualifications.
Activities and responsibilities
· Analysis of next-generation sequencing data with focus on differential expression, RNA splicing, RNA-protein interactions
· Design and analysis of high-throughput screens
· Planning and critical analysis of experiments/datasets
· Publishing scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and presenting data at international conferences
· A Master degree (for PhD student) or PhD (for postdoctoral fellow) in biological sciences
· Experience with bioinformatic and computational analyses
· Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
· Organizational skills, flexibility, open-mindedness
· Interest and enthusiasm for RNA biology
What we offer:
· International, diverse, and positive working atmosphere, flexible working environment
· A competitive salary based on previous work experience, following the collective agreement applicable to the Goethe University
· Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
· Professional career development opportunities and mentoring support
The contract is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of extension. Interested candidates should send their application, consisting of a motivation letter, a CV, and the contact details of two/three previous advisors/mentors, as a single pdf to Dr. Gabrijela Dumbovic, Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration, Center for Molecular Medicine, House 25B, Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective start date: immediately, until the position is filled.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Department of Preclinical Imaging and Radiopharmacy of the University Hospital Tübingen, an internationally renowned group at the forefront of...Apply
A PhD position in Machine Learning is available in the group of Prof. Peter Zaspel at Jacobs University Bremen, Germany....Apply
The Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research in Bad Nauheim (near Frankfurt, Germany), Department of Developmental Genetics (Prof....Apply
PostDoc computational biology / bioinformatics (m/f/d) (fulltime) The position will be hosted at the Institute of Human Genetics, in...Apply
Mass spectrometry-based proteomics is one of the most powerful technologies for studying the cellular proteome, protein interactions, and post-translational modifications....Apply
PhD position in the Lab for Evolution of Plant SignalingCenter for Plant Molecular Biology (ZMBP), University of Tübingen A PhD...Apply