Vinogradova Laboratory, Chemical Immunology and Proteomics, The Rockefeller University
Vardhana Laboratory, Immuno-Oncology and Cellular Metabolism, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Overcoming T cell exhaustion is a major challenge in the field of immuno-oncology. We seek a Postdoctoral Associate with strong cell and molecular biology background to join the Vinogradova and Vardhana Laboratories to work on identification of novel post-translational drivers of T cell exhaustion. The proposed research will be carried out in freshly renovated laboratory spaces at the Rockefeller University, a leading biomedical research institute, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and will provide an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is interested in working in an interdisciplinary environment, contributing with their molecular biology skillset, while gaining expertise in proteomics methods, metabolomics, chemical biology, and immunology.
Please see www.vinogradovalab.com and www.vardhanalab.com for more information on the laboratories.
· Design and perform experiments using cellular and molecular biology techniques (cell culture, RNA and DNA extraction/analysis, cloning, CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing, PCR, RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, plate-based assays, steady-state metabolomics, flow cytometry, RNA and ATAC sequencing) to advance our understanding of the roles that specific post-translational modifications play in establishing and maintaining tumor-specific T-cell dysfunction;
· Develop and execute biochemical assays for inhibitor screening and target validation purposes;
· Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks;
· Keep current with key biology publications related to ongoing projects;
· Mentor/lead/manage other cell and molecular biology team members;
· You will have the opportunity and be encouraged to develop both independent and collaborative research projects within the scope of the Laboratories’ interests, under the mentorship of two Heads of Laboratories.
· Strong working knowledge of cell biology is essential, expertise in immunology and/or chemical biology highly desirable.
· Extensive experience with some of the following cell and molecular biology techniques is required: mammalian cell culture, PCR, RT-PCR, cloning, viral transduction, CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing, protein expression, immunoprecipitation, SDS-PAGE, and Western-blot, as well as biochemical assay development;
· Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and/or confocal imaging with high-content screening platforms is a plus;
· Experience with metabolomics assays is not required but interest in developing a fund of knowledge in cellular metabolism and metabolomics assays is highly encouraged;
· The candidate should be scientifically motivated, detail-oriented, capable of independently conceiving, conducting and critically analyzing their own innovative research;
· Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment;
· Consistent track record of academic accomplishments (e.g., peer-reviewed publications and/or patents);
· Effective written and oral communication skills;
· Critical thinking to resolve cell and chemical biology challenges;
· PhD degree in Cell biology, Chemical Biology, Molecular biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Pharmacology or a related field of biology is required.
How to Apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative work environment.
Please e-mail your CV and a cover letter to Prof. Ekaterina (Katya) Vinogradova and Prof. Santosha Vardhana to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for 3 reference letters to be sent directly to Profs. Vinogradova and Vardhana.
The Rockefeller University and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center are Equal Opportunity Employers – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The research team of Dr. Siming Zhao in the Department of Biomedical Data Science at Dartmouth College is seeking motivated...Apply
The Vaziri Laboratory of Neurotechnology and Biophysics (LNB) at the Rockefeller University is focused on the development and application of...Apply
The Ou laboratory at the University of California, San Francisco is recruiting a highly motivated and creative scientist to join...Apply
The Jin Lab at Washington University School of Medicine is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to work as...Apply
The laboratory of Matthew Parker in the Department of Biophysics at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) (https://www.parkerlabutsw.com/) has multiple...Apply
A postdoc position is available in Dr. Limei Zhang’s group at the Department of Biochemistry and Redox Biology Center, University...Apply