The Université de Sherbrooke is inviting applications at the rank of Research professional responsible at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, with an association with the Department of pharmacology – physiology. The position is in the Ryczko team. This is a renewable full-time position for one year.
The Ryczko lab uses electrophysiology, calcium imaging and neuroanatomy to identify the mechanisms through which the brain and spinal cord control locomotion in salamanders.
The candidate will work in a dynamic team with a strong collaborative spirit. She or he will be responsible for overall lab management and organization, student training, in vivo and in vitro experiments. The position includes execution of patch-clamp, calcium imaging, neuroanatomy and behavioral experiments (training can be provided), training student, maintenance of salamander colonies, maintenance of setups, ordering of reagents, ensuring the implementation of health and safety standards in the lab.
PRINCIPAL CHALLENGES AND DUTIES
– Patch-clamp electrophysiology, calcium imaging (epifluorescent, confocal, two photon) and behavioral experiments in salamanders
– Help to analyze data and communicate results
– Participate in operational activities of the lab (general lab management, maintenance of equipment, purchasing, safety)
– Train students in electrophysiology, calcium imaging, neuroanatomy and behavioral techniques
– Master degree in Life sciences or equivalent
– Hands-on experience in electrophysiology or calcium imaging or movement analysis
– Experience in laboratory organization & maintenance
– Fluency in English
Candidates should send a letter of interest explaining how they would fit, a CV, a record of their academic results and three references.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Research Assistant/Lab ManagerThe Skeletal Muscle Development and Regeneration Laboratory (PI: Colin Crist, Associate Professor, McGill University) has an immediate position...Apply
Research Asistant/Lab Manager in Primate Cognitive Electrophysiology The Noise lab (PI: Becket Ebitz) is looking for a full-time research assistant...Apply