The Maher laboratory (www.maherlab.com) at Washington University integrates computational and experimental techniques to study cancer. Our diverse and interdisciplinary team enables us to focus on translating genome based discoveries into the clinic. We are recruiting a bioinformatician to focus on developing and applying computational methods for analyzing large-scale cancer genomics data collections from patients to improve our understanding of metastatic colon cancer progression (Science Advances: PMID 32577507; Nature Communications: PMID 32358485; Annals of Oncology: PMID 28950321) and metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer (Cell: PMID 30033370; JCO Precision Oncology: PMID 32903952). Active projects address topics such as noncoding regulatory mutations, cancer evolution in metastasis and treatment resistance, discovery and characterization of novel long non-coding RNAs, and the development of new bioinformatics tools.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
– Evaluation and design of experimental plans for sequencing-based projects studying the genetic basis of cancer.
– Implementation and development of automated pipelines to analyze high throughput sequencing data (single cell RNA-Seq, whole genome sequencing, ATAC-Seq, etc).
– Integration of genetic and epigenetic changes in cancer including mutations, gene expression data, epigenetic modification, copy number and structural variation.
– Integrated pathway and gene network analysis related to cancer.
– Analyze and interpret results to communicate with others and produce scientific publications is required.
– Applicants should have a degree in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field with a solid background in programming and statistics.
– Candidates should be comfortable working on UNIX/Linux operating system, program with Perl and/or Python, and familiar with statistical analysis packages (SAS, R, or Bioconductor). Also expected to be familiar with bioinformatics tools and genomics databases.
– Previous experience in cancer genomics would be an advantage but is not essential.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please send a CV and a list of three references, to Dr. Christopher Maher (christophermaher at wustl dot edu).
Tagged as: Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences
Overview We are an exceptionally well-funded, newly established group at UCLA led by Prof. Clarice D. Aiello. Our mission is to...Apply
Post-doctoral Fellow – Analyst Bioinformatics Overview OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University...Apply
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the...Apply
The Dawlaty Laboratory at the Genetics Department and the Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Research of Albert Einstein...Apply
Open Positions on Symbiosis and the Microbiome Sciences The laboratory of Seth and Sarah Bordenstein seeks several staff members (lab...Apply
We are seeking postdoctoral fellows to join the Reznik Laboratory for Computational Cancer Metabolism at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center...Apply